Changing the future, together
As an established instigator of today’s environmental transition, OPTING offers a sustainable vision implemented by a team of scientists dedicated to the optimisation of industrial processes. Our ambition is clear and stated: to show our partners and customers how to optimise their investments in cost-effective technologies that deliver significant environmental benefits.
Do you like challenges and are you ready to travel to various regions of Quebec? Do you want to be part of a young and dynamic team? Opting is currently looking for a process engineer for our projects in the greater metropolitan area. The process engineer will be responsible for continuously optimizing the processes entrusted to us, ensuring the efficient management of each stage of the projects, and finding, selecting and implementing effective solutions to problems.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Define, analyse and improve processes in a context of continuous improvement combining safety, quality and productivity;
- Prepare project schedules;
- Participate in the design of industrial processes and the selection of equipment;
- Produce schematics, diagrams, mass balances, plans and specifications;
- Establish diagnoses and recommendations;
- Participate in technological changes;
- Write draft reports and produce technical advice or recommendations;
- Communicate with clients and suppliers;
- Participate in visits and meetings;
- Manage change requests and contractual requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or equivalent;
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in industrial process design;
- Permit from the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (an asset); OR
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada;
- Good teamwork skills;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Health and safety training for a construction site (ASP);
- Knowledge of the latest technologies and applicable software related to mechanical process design,
You are :
- Skilled in managing relationships with clients and partners;
- Able to inspire respect and trust and create a climate that enables teamwork;
- Able to communicate your skills to your peers and clients;
- Willing to maintain an inclusive work environment and value the contributions of all;
- Bilingual (an asset)
- Open to travel to project sites.
What we offer:
- Pleasant, friendly and work-life balance work environment;
- Varied and stimulating challenges;
- Range of social benefits (gym membership, group insurance, group RRSP, social club…);
- Competitive compensation based on your experience;
- Travel allowance;
- Opportunity to carry out projects on a global scale.
Please send your application to the attention of Ms. Marie-Josée St-Onge at email@example.com. Please note that we thank you for your interest in our company, but that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.