Who are we?
As a general contractor, Talvi has gained an enviable reputation for large-scale installations in both high-voltage electricity and major civil engineering.
Relying on a wide range of skills and continuous training, the company’s versatile workforce carries out complex projects requiring skills in a variety of fields, including formwork/concrete work, bridges and engineering structures, water and sewer systems, mass excavation, structures, etc.
What does a day’s work look like?
- Ensure quality standards are met;
- Act as an interface with subcontractors to coordinate and monitor the status of the work, according to plans and specifications procedures;
- Plan material, human and equipment resource requirements and ensure operational efficiency of resources;
- Anticipate potential problems (time and resources) and resolve them in coordination with the foreman or superintendent;
- Organizes and participates in the collection of information for notices and change orders;
- Maintain daily reports of site activities (if required);
- Directs purchasing, tracking and site auditing to ensure that all materials, equipment and labour, including those of subcontractors, are certified and approved as defined by the contract requirements;
- Direct the quality technicians (if required)
- Supervise the quality plan on site.
- Civil engineering technician degree AND/OR Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 1 to 3 years experience in supervision and management of work
- Experience in Hydro-Québec substations (an asset)
- ASP Construction card
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- An excellent communicator;
- Organized and proactive
- Skilled in Word, Excel and MS Project
- Interested in traveling to complete projects throughout Quebec
What we offer
- Good work atmosphere;
- Range of social benefits (gym membership, group insurance, group RRSP, social club…)
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we thank you for your interest in our company, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.