Who are we?
Talvi is a general contractor with expertise in civil works (excavation, concreting, steel structure…), electrical works (control, switchgear…) and architectural works. The company has acquired an enviable reputation in the field of high voltage, thanks in part to the large-scale installations carried out in the field of electrical substations, for which Hydro-Québec is one of its major clients.
Relying on a wide range of skills and continuous training, the company’s versatile workforce carries out complex projects requiring skills in a variety of fields.
What would a day’s work look like?
- Act as an interface with subcontractors to coordinate and monitor the status of the work, according to procedures, methods and plans and specifications;
- Contribute to the respect of the budgets and the project schedule and ensure the quality control of the work;
- Actively participate in the planning and coordination of the work (MS Project);
- Maintain an up-to-date execution schedule by integrating changes and the progress of the work;
- Anticipate the sources of potential problems (time and resources), in order to solve them in coordination with the foremen of the subcontractors;
- Organize and participate in the collection of information for notices and change orders;
- Maintain a daily report of site activities;
- Participate in site meetings with professionals and specialized contractors;
- Direct the purchasing, follow-up and verification of the work site to ensure that all materials, equipment and labour, including those of subcontractors, are certified and approved as defined by the contract requirements;
- Prepare work methods and procedures;
- Provide technical support to the execution team;
- Provide weekly planning to the project manager and inform him daily of the progress of the work.
- Provide support in quality assurance;
- Be proactive in health and safety;
- Act as a technical reference to the foremen and assist in the resolution of problems on the job site.
- Bachelors degree in engineering
- 0 to 5 years of experience on a construction site
- Experience in projects with Hydro-Quebec is an asset
- Good knowledge of the Office suite (MS Project)
- ASP Health and Safety training on construction sites
- A valid driver’s license
- A good communicator
- Able to work under pressure
- Organized and a good planner
- Able to make decisions
- Interested in traveling to complete projects throughout Quebec
What we offer:
- A pleasant work environment that allows for work-life balance
- Varied and stimulating challenges
- Range of social benefits (gym membership, group insurance, group RRSP, social club …)
- Competitive compensation based on your experience
- Allowance for travel expenses
- Opportunity to carry out projects throughout the province
Please send your application to the attention of Ms. Marie-Josée St-Onge at email@example.com. Please note that we thank you for your interest in our company, but that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.